Book a place NOW on the very successful ‘Ten Steps to the Perfect Funding Bid‘
and “Better Bid-Writing: the Power of Words” training courses:
Dates Coming Up in 2013:
- Thursday 14th February, Torquay – “Ten Steps to the Perfect Funding Bid”. Email Robin at CVA Torbay to book a place firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday 19th February, Bideford – “Ten Steps to the Perfect Funding Bid”. Email Sarah at Torridge CVS to book a place: SarahM@torridgecvs.org.uk
- Wednesday 20th February, Exeter – “Ten Steps to the Perfect Funding Bid”. See Exeter CVS training http://bit.ly/10av5hH
- Wednesday 13th March, Kingsbridge (Devon) – “Ten Steps to the Perfect Funding Bid”. Email Frank at South Hams CVS to book a place: email@example.com
- Tuesday 19th March, Bideford – “Advanced Bid-Writing: The Power of Words”. Email Sarah at Torridge CVS to book a place: SarahM@torridgecvs.org.uk
These are the LAST opportunities to attend these popular courses prior to my move to Spain at the end of March.
“Ten Steps to the Perfect Funding Bid” Course Outline: With corporate and community fundraising tougher than ever in the current financial climate, bids to the Lottery and to charitable foundations are more and more essential. But they are receiving higher numbers of bids than ever, so how do you ensure that YOUR bid rises to the top of the heap and avoids the waste paper bin?
Successful bid-writer Tamara Essex is dropping out of professional fundraising so is willing to share her secrets. This highly practical and enjoyable day will leave participants more confident and more skilled in writing the “perfect” funding bid, and armed with an invaluable resource pack. The course is a wise investment for both experienced and inexperienced fundraisers, whether paid or voluntary, as well as for community workers based in Local Authorities or similar.
“Better Bid-Writing: The Power of Words” Course Outline”: Aimed at people who have attended “Ten Steps to the Perfect Funding Bid” or who have experience in writing fundraising applications, this new one-day course includes practical sessions on your own bids, plus personalised critique and development of your own writing style.
The day will consist of practical exercises, enabling you to develop the skills to grab the reader from the first line, describe your project concisely and with passion, demonstrate the outcomes the funder needs to see, and maintain coherence and interest throughout the bid. Tamara Essex is a passionate believer in skilling up voluntary organisations to write the best possible applications, and this advanced course aims to help you reduce the need to employ professional fundraisers, and increase your success rate.
“Excellent course – good handouts, good pace and some really useful tips.”
“Most informative training I have ever had in relation to funding.”
“Tamara presented interesting & valuable info & advice.”
“Excellent content. Really useful examples … really motivating and engaging.”
– VISTA (Voluntary Sector Training Alliance, Somerset) 11th Dec 2009
“Very engaging course which was well-presented.”
“Tamara – excellently delivered! Really interesting & applicable.”
– Shaftesbury Arts Centre, 23rd February 2010
“The process was broken into clear steps, comprehensively explained.”
– Poundbury, Dorchester, 22nd March 2010
“If only all training days were this good – Brilliant!”
“I think one could do a degree in funding – to fit this course into one day is amazing!”
– Shaftesbury Arts Centre, 21st April 2010
“Thank you for a great day. Very comprehensive, well-delivered and enjoyable.”
“Thank you, useful day and useful resources.”
“Very valuable day for me.”
– Poundbury, Dorchester, 26th May 2010