* CRACKING THE CORPORATE COFFERS – Raising Funds from the Business Sector. Tuesday October 19th. Venue and cost to be confirmed.
You may think that this is not a good time to be approaching businesses for sponsorship or donations. In fact, approach them in the right way, and this couldn’t be further from the truth. The emphasis on Corporate Social Responsibility and the desire to become more closely involved with local initiatives are powerful reasons for a business to become more involved.
This one-day course, run by charity fundraiser Tamara Essex and business-to-business telemarketing specialist Margaret MacKenzie, will help voluntary and community organisations to:
* Clarify what they can offer a business.
* Understand how to identify the most appropriate business prospects for their organisation.
* Develop the skills needed to make an effective first approach.
* Negotiate a good deal.
* Raise their profile.
* Give added value to their corporate donors.
Tamara, who has a long track-record as a fundraiser, has teamed up with Margaret MacKenzie from the Swan Company Ltd, a relationship driven telemarketing business. Together they offer a unique opportunity to learn some great telemarketing techniques that will set you on the road to building long-lasting, symbiotic relationships with corporate donors.
* TOP TIPS FOR TENDERING – guiding you through Local Authority tendering. Tuesday 2nd November. £80. Poundbury, Dorchester. Online booking available shortly.
If your organisation wants to be better placed to win tenders for commissioned work, this highly practical course is for you. You will learn how to write a strong tender that gets noticed, and understand better what commissioners are seeking. You will also explore what your organisation must do to ensure it is ‘fit for purpose’. For this course Tamara is working with Lin Whitfield, an expert in commissioning and tendering www.linwhitfield.co.uk
* TEN STEPS TO THE PERFECT FUNDING BID – another opportunity to book onto Tamara’s popular course on effective bid-writing to charitable trusts and foundations. Tuesday 7th December. £60. Poundbury, Dorchester. Online booking available shortly.
With corporate and community fundraising tougher than ever in the current financial climate, bids to the Lottery and to charitable foundations are more and more essential. But they are receiving higher numbers of bids than ever, so how do you ensure that YOUR bid rises to the top of the heap and avoids the waste paper bin?
Successful bid-writer Tamara Essex is dropping out of professional fundraising so is willing to share her secrets. This highly practical and enjoyable day will leave participants more confident and more skilled in writing the “perfect” funding bid, and armed with an invaluable resource pack. The course is a wise investment for both experienced and inexperienced fundraisers, whether paid or voluntary, as well as for community workers based in Local Authorities or similar.
“If only all training days were this good – Brilliant!” “I think one could do a degree in funding – to fit this course into one day is amazing!” – Shaftesbury Arts Centre, 21st April 2010